3.2 How to Talk About Dyslexia
For us here at the Together in Literacy podcast, dyslexia is an everyday thing. We also want to highlight that October is dedicated to dyslexia awareness.
With this in mind, in this episode, we’re sharing tips for talking to parents about dyslexia and tips for parents when speaking to their children about dyslexia.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Decoding Dyslexia
- Made by Dyslexia
- Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shaywitz M.D.
- Conquering Dyslexia by Donna J. Wilbourn
- 1.16: The Legal Aspect of Dyslexia Advocacy with Sabrina Axt
- 2.9: The Power in Saying Dyslexia
- What is Dyslexia? by Kelli Sandman-Hurley
- 2.7: Supporting Families on Their Journey with Dyslexia with Dr. Lauren McClenney-Rosenstein
- 1.7: Hope's Journey featuring Hope McNabb
- 2.17: Using Challenges to Cultivate Success with Ryan Pool
- Books That Connect Social Emotional Learning and Dyslexia.
- The Adventures of Amazing Grace by Erika Lopez
- 2.14: Using Evaluations to Better Understand Our Learners with Katy Vassar
- 2.4: How to Effectively Work with Older Students with Dyslexia
- FREE Dyslexia Awareness Month resources - The Literacy Nest
- FREE Dyslexia Awareness Month resources - The Dyslexia Classroom
We officially have merch! Show your love for the Together in Literacy podcast!
If you like this episode, please take a few minutes to rate, review, and subscribe. Your support and encouragement are so appreciated!
Have a question you’d like us to cover in a future episode of Together in Literacy? Email us at [email protected]!
For more from Emily, check out The Literacy Nest.
For more from Casey, check out The Dyslexia Classroom.
Thank you for listening and joining us in this exciting and educational journey into dyslexia as we come together in literacy!