2.9 The Power in Saying Dyslexia
In this episode, we continue the conversation around the power in saying dyslexia and we cover what that means for helping move our students toward self-advocacy. We’ll discuss how we can, as educators, speak to parents and students about dyslexia and shift the narrative to one of understanding.
Tune in as we share why it’s important to say dyslexia, some of the benefits of knowing how we learn, and looking at evaluations from a different lens.
Stick around until the end for all the details of our 100K download giveaway!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Season 1, Episode 7: Hope's Journey featuring Hope McNabb
- Season 1, Episode 15: All About Accommodations for Dyslexia
- 4 Questions About Accommodations for Dyslexia Answered!
- Season 1, Episode 3: Connecting Metacognition to Your Literacy Lessons
- The Color Coding Method to Teaching Sight Words
- Building Readers for Life Academy
- Casey on TpT - The Dyslexia Classroom or The Dyslexia Classroom
- Emily on TpT - The Literacy Nest or The Literacy Nest
If you like this episode, please take a few minutes to rate, review, and subscribe. Your support and encouragement are so appreciated!
Have a question you’d like us to cover in a future episode of Together in Literacy? Email us at [email protected]!
If you’d like more from Together in Literacy, you can check out our website, Together in Literacy, or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
For more from Emily, check out The Literacy Nest.
For more from Casey, check out The Dyslexia Classroom.
Thank you for listening and joining us in this exciting and educational journey into dyslexia as we come together in literacy!