2.6 Q&A About OG
You may have heard of Orton-Gillingham, but you may have questions about the principles and approach.
We are both, Emily and Casey, structured literacy specialists trained in Orton-Gillingham and Orton-Gillingham-based programs.
In this episode, we’re addressing some common questions we see and hear being asked about Orton-Gillingham. We answer these questions from the perspective of interventionists who work with the dyslexic population, however, we understand and support OG-based instruction in the typical or general classroom setting.
Tune in as we dig into some misunderstandings in conversations around the Orton-Gillingham approach.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- 2.4 How to Effectively Work with Older Students with Dyslexia
- 2.5 Word Attack Strategies for Older Students with Dyslexia
- Season 1, Episode 5: How Dr. Samuel Orton and Anna Gillingham’s Work Support Social-Emotional Learning
- Season 1. Episode 6: The Orton Prescription and the Connection to Social-Emotional Learning
- International Dyslexia Association
- Season 1, Episode 9: Working Memory with Dr. Erica Warren
- Season 1, Episode 10: The Gradual Release of Responsibility
- Season 1, Episode 3: Connecting Metacognition to Your Literacy Lessons
- Reading Rockets
- Casey on TpT - The Dyslexia Classroom or The Dyslexia Classroom
- Emily on TpT - The Literacy Nest or The Literacy Nest
If you like this episode, please take a few minutes to rate, review, and subscribe. Your support and encouragement are so appreciated!
Have a question you’d like us to cover in a future episode of Together in Literacy? Email us at [email protected]!
For more from Emily, check out The Literacy Nest.
For more from Casey, check out The Dyslexia Classroom.
Thank you for listening and joining us in this exciting and educational journey into dyslexia as we come together in literacy!