2.5 Word Attack Strategies for Older Students with Dyslexia
In this episode, we continue our conversation about helping older dyslexic students. In season 2, episode 4, we broke down what struggles we see in our older students and the areas we notice are needed to help them. Here, we dive into the strategies we apply for our older students.
Tune in as we share specific word attack strategies we use with our older students.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Episode: 2.4 How to Effectively Work with Older Students with Dyslexia
- Never Too Late: Teaching Adults to Read and Write by Diana Hanbury King
- Season 1, Episode 3: Connecting Metacognition to Your Literacy Lessons
- Season 1, Episode 15: All About Accommodations for Dyslexia
- High Noon Books
- Saddleback Publishing
- Simple Words Books
- Phonic Books
- Rewards reading intervention program
- Word Connections
- Take Flight
- Casey on TpT - The Dyslexia Classroom
- Emily on TpT - The Literacy Nest
If you like this episode, please take a few minutes to rate, review, and subscribe. Your support and encouragement are so appreciated!
Have a question you’d like us to cover in a future episode of Together in Literacy? Email us at [email protected]!
If you’d like more from Together in Literacy, you can check out our website, Together in Literacy, or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
For more from Emily, check out The Literacy Nest.
For more from Casey, check out The Dyslexia Classroom.
Thank you for listening and joining us in this exciting and educational journey into dyslexia as we come together in literacy!