2.18 Season Two Wrap-Up
We’re wrapping up season 2 of the Together in Literacy podcast! And what a season it’s been!
This podcast was built upon a commitment to spreading factual information about dyslexia awareness, structured literacy, social-emotional learning, and the science of learning. As we look back on season 2, we are so proud to see our mission of supporting parents, teachers, and learners come to fruition.
In this episode, we share our major takeaways from season 2, we’ll look at a set of standards that cover key foundational components of structured literacy, we’ll share some articles and suggestions, and then we’ll give a sneak preview of what you can look forward to in season 3!
Let us know what you think about the Together in Literacy podcast by filling out this survey!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- 1.17: Finish the School Year Strong
- A list of all Together in Literacy Episodes
- Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading
- 1.12: The Importance of Building Teacher Knowledge and The Peter Effect
- Print-to-Speech and Speech-to-Print: Mapping Early Literacy
- The roles of letter names and letter sounds in connecting print and speech
- Knowing letter names and learning letter sounds: A causal connection
We officially have merch! Show your love for the Together in Literacy podcast!
If you like this episode, please take a few minutes to rate, review, and subscribe. Your support and encouragement are so appreciated!
Have a question you’d like us to cover in a future episode of Together in Literacy? Email us at [email protected]!
For more from Emily, check out The Literacy Nest.
For more from Casey, check out The Dyslexia Classroom.
Thank you for listening and joining us in this exciting and educational journey into dyslexia as we come together in literacy!