2.1: Going Deeper With the Science of Reading
We’re back for season 2 of the Together in Literacy Podcast! We took the summer off from recording so that we could spend some time with our families and now we’re back and ready to dive even deeper into The Science of Reading!
In this episode, we’ll fill you in on some of the exciting things we did (both professionally and personally) over the summer. Then, we’re digging into some important info about the Science of Reading!
Tune in for an exciting discussion of the Science of Reading and how it relates to dyslexia and teaching the whole child. We’ll look at some misunderstandings we see, offer some recommendations that we have, and share some important points to remember when choosing what training to invest in.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Season 1, Episode 12: The Importance of Building Teacher Knowledge and The Peter Effect
- Teaching Reading is Rocket Science by Dr. Louisa C. Moats
- Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shaywitz
- Decoding Dyslexia - a network of parent-led grassroots movements across the country concerned with the limited access to educational interventions for dyslexia within the public education system.
- Season 1, Episode 10: The Gradual Release of Responsibility
If you like this episode, please take a few minutes to rate, review, and subscribe. Your support and encouragement are so appreciated!
Have a question you’d like us to cover in a future episode of Together in Literacy? Email us at [email protected]!
For more from Emily, check out The Literacy Nest.
For more from Casey, check out The Dyslexia Classroom.
Thank you for listening and joining us in this exciting and educational journey into dyslexia as we come together in literacy!