2.16 Taking a Multisensory Approach to Teaching Math with Adrianne Meldrum
In this episode, we’re joined by Adrianne Meldrum. Adrianne Meldrum is the founder and owner of Made for Math (MFM), an all-online math center focused on serving students with dyslexia, dyscalculia, and math learning disabilities.
She is a certified Multisensory Math Instructor through Marilyn Zecher. She holds a Master’s Degree from Bridges Graduate School of Cognitive Diversity.
We chat with Adrianne about using a multisensory approach to teaching math, how challenged learners can benefit from this approach, and so much more!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Listen Up: Five Stellar Science of Reading Podcasts Worth Trying
- Multisensory Math Activities That Really Work
- Difficulties Evolve into Doors: The HOPE for Students with Dyscalculia
- Interview with Dr. Xin, creator of Conceptual Model-Based Problem Solving (COMPS)
- Professor Sharma - Mathematics for All
- Science of Math - Facebook Community
- Effective Teaching Strategies for Dyscalculia and Learning Difficulties in Mathematics by Marie Pascale Noel and Giannis Karagiannakis
- Mathematics for Dyslexics and Dyscalculics by Steve Chinn
- Discovering Dyscalculia: One Family’s Journey with a Math Disability by Laura Jackson
- 2.13 The Science of Learning
- Is multisensory math for your child (Quiz)
- Unlocking Dyscalculia Web Series
We officially have merch! Show your love for the Together in Literacy podcast with a t-shirt or sweatshirt!
If you like this episode, please take a few minutes to rate, review, and subscribe. Your support and encouragement are so appreciated!
Have a question you’d like us to cover in a future episode of Together in Literacy? Email us at [email protected]!
For more from Emily, check out The Literacy Nest.
For more from Casey, check out The Dyslexia Classroom.
Thank you for listening and joining us in this exciting and educational journey into dyslexia as we come together in literacy!