2.15 Looking at Neurodiversity with a Fresh Perspective
In this episode, we’re taking a closer look at neurodiversity. We’re seeing the term neurodiversity come up in a lot of different places from social media, to newspapers, to articles, and more. It is a global conversation that we should all be looking at with a fresh view and perspective.
Tune in as we discuss what neurodiversity means to us, and, based on the current research, where dyslexia comes into the discussion of neurodiversity. We’ll also look at shifts in language surrounding neurodiversity, and what this all means for educators, parents, caregivers, students, and the world.
Stick around until the end for some additional podcast and book recommendations on this topic!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Decoding Dyslexia
- 1.16 The Legal Aspect of Dyslexia Advocacy with Sabrina Axt
- The Dyslexic Advantage: Unlocking the Hidden Potential of the Dyslexic Brain by Brock L. Eide M.D. M.A. and Fernette F. Eide M.D.
- Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shaywitz MD
- The Neurodiversity Podcast
- Casey on TpT - The Dyslexia Classroom or The Dyslexia Classroom
- Emily on TpT - The Literacy Nest or The Literacy Nest
We officially have merch! Show your love Together in Literacy podcast with a t-shirt or sweatshirt!
If you like this episode, please take a few minutes to rate, review, and subscribe. Your support and encouragement are so appreciated!
Have a question you’d like us to cover in a future episode of Together in Literacy? Email us at [email protected]!
If you’d like more from Together in Literacy, you can check out our website, Together in Literacy, or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
For more from Emily, check out The Literacy Nest.
For more from Casey, check out The Dyslexia Classroom.
Thank you for listening and joining us in this exciting and educational journey into dyslexia as we come together in literacy!