2.10 The Science of Reading: More Than Just a Buzzword
The Science of Reading is so much more than just a buzzword!
In this episode, we’re talking about The Science of Reading or SOR. We’ll cover what it is and what it isn’t. And, how it is becoming more mainstream!
Tune in as we look at trends in education, and then get into 5 specifics of what SOR really is all about.
Make sure you hang around until the end when we’ll share actions you can take today to begin to dive deeper into the Science of Reading.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- 2.8 Incorporating Writing in Structured Literacy Lessons
- The National Reading Panel
- Season 1. Episode 6: The Orton Prescription and the Connection to Social-Emotional Learning
- Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shaywitz
- International Dyslexia Association
- Decoding Dyslexia
- Dyslexia Therapist Certification Training
- Building Readers for Life Academy
If you like this episode, please take a few minutes to rate, review, and subscribe. Your support and encouragement are so appreciated!
Have a question you’d like us to cover in a future episode of Together in Literacy? Email us at [email protected]!
For more from Emily, check out The Literacy Nest.
For more from Casey, check out The Dyslexia Classroom.
Thank you for listening and joining us in this exciting and educational journey into dyslexia as we come together in literacy!